DNSO Mailling lists archives


<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

RE: [registrars] Meeting Update

Do we know for sure yet what airport we all have to fly into?  The earlier 
we start to look for flights the better odds of getting them.  Your saying 
we have to arrive Friday morning?  Do we have the dates nailed down yet?

--On Friday, August 09, 2002 12:40 PM -0400 "Michael D. Palage" 
<michael@palage.com> wrote:

> Jim:
> Timing is important. If we wait until our next meeting in China, towards
> the end of October, it may be too late to effect change on some important
> issues that directly impact us. These pressing issues are one of the
> reasons we have moved forward with getting a telephone bridge to increase
> registrars outreach and input during this critical time. For a bit of a
> history lesson, this is much like the jockeying that took place in the
> Fall of 99. Based on this prior experience, myself and the Registrar
> Executive Committee want to make sure that the collective voice of all
> registrars are heard during this important process.
> Mike
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jim Archer [mailto:jarcher@registrationtek.com]
> Sent: Friday, August 09, 2002 12:30 PM
> To: Michael D. Palage; registrars@dnso.org
> Subject: Re: [registrars] Meeting Update
> So we're going to try to put this entire thing together is about 6 weeks?
> Why is it we're in such a hurry?
> Jim
> --On Friday, August 09, 2002 12:11 PM -0400 "Michael D. Palage"
> <michael@palage.com> wrote:
>> Hello All:
>> Here is the latest and greatest. It was decided yesterday during an
>> teleconference by the Registrar Executive Committee that the registrar
>> meeting would be held in Amsterdam. If there are North American
>> registrars that are interested in attending a pre-meeting on the 18th
>> prior to the FTC meeting then a meeting room can be arranged. This
>> potential pre-meeting (approx 3 hours) would be limited to the following
>> scaled down agenda: preparation of Whois background information to
>> facilitate a productive meeting with the FTC on Thursday; revised
>> documentation on the transfer problem - MIT & TUCOWS originally had done
>> some excellent work on a document that provided both technical and legal
>> arguments for the transfer problem; and possible meeting on ICANN reform
>> and restructuring with DoC
>> representatives if available, still awaiting confirmation of possible
>> availability on this date.
>> The registrars constituency's official meeting would be held on Saturday
>> with a full 8 hour session. Topics for discussion would be: .org
>> redelegation update; ICANN DNSO Board election; ICANN reform &
>> restructuring; Transfers Update; Whois update; Registrar Code of Conduct;
>> and potential by-law revisions.
>> I would also like to hold a panel discussion or informational session on
>> either Friday afternoon or Sunday morning to discuss the .EU proposed
>> top-level domain. I would ask help from my European colleagues to
>> possibly get someone from the EU to address the registrar community on
>> this issue as part of a panel discussion. I am open for suggestions but
>> believe maximum participation would necessitate this session being held
>> on Friday afternoon.
>> The exact hotel facility will be confirmed during our Monday afternoon
>> conference call. I believe notwithstanding the exact date/time of the .EU
>> panel discussion, people can begin to make travel arrangements.
>> Best regards,
>> Mike

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>