From: owner-registrars@dnso.org [mailto:owner-registrars@dnso.org]On
Behalf Of Michael D. Palage
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 12:23 AM
To: registrars@dnso.org
Subject: [registrars] Registrar Next Meeting

Hello All:

As previously stated the Executive Committee believes that it would be
highly benefical to have another registrar meeting like the one we had in
Dulles this past February. The attendance was excellent and I think a lot of
constructive process was made.  Issues that would be the topic of discussion
for this tentative meeting scheduled for approximately the third weekend in
September would be:

- Transfers (see letter to ICANN Board)
- Whois data mining (see letter to ICANN Board)
- .org, with the decision to be made by ICANN we could have the winning
bidder brief us on the .org transition
- Code of Conduct
- Restructuring - particularly discussion about the .25 fee that was
referenced in the Blueprint document & our efforts to incorporate a contract
dispute mechanism

The first issue is who would be interested in attending this meeting. Second
where should we have the meeting.

Although the last meeting was in the US, there was talk about holding
another meeting in the US as well. The logic for this proposal was as
follows:

The last meeting was the most well attended meeting ever;
Approx half (76 out of 156) of the ICANN accredited registrars are from the
US;
There are no scheduled ICANN meetings in the US for 2002 and 2003.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as we will need to start making
plans shortly.

Best regards,

Mike