[registrars]

[registrars] VeriSign Spotlight

I just received this in my email from VeriSign. Is this now a fact!!!!!!!

Domain Resales Go on Hold
Under the new Redemption Grace Period for domain names approved by ICANN
(Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) at the end of June
2002, registrants will be given an extra 30 days to pay for their expired
domains before they are released to the open market. This provides a safety
net for reactivating domain names inadvertently allowed to expire. Porn
sites, in particular, have been aggressive about grabbing the domain names
of churches, schools and other organizations that forget to renew. Now, the
original domain name holder would have a 30-day grace period to renew their
names, extended from five days.