[registrars]

RE: [registrars] FW: Important: Vote on Taskforce report on WLS-draft response

Rob,

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Rob Hall wrote:

> Did I just read this right ?
>
> The executive committee has decided and instructed our names council
> representatives which way to vote ?

the execs discussed getting the vote out, but because of the lack of time
by-laws reauire 7 days notice and 7 days of voting and our voting guy (dan
busarow) and the short time to tell the NC reps what the constituency
desires, the execs decided to sumarize the situation and direct the NC
reps.

This is entirely within reason of what execuitive teams do in any
organization.

> And right in the middle of the entire constituency holding a vote to
> determine where it stands ?

yes, mike whom has been privy to all the execs discussions aparently in
an attemt to confuse everyone has posted a request to vote. Mike has a
relationship with snap names and it isn't clear who he is working for
here...

On this issue mike has recused himself, but continues to subvert the issue
and will not work with the execs any more on it. I look forward to a
explination and full disclosure from mike today.

> I am glad the current voting is being done in public, so that our NC reps
> can clearly see the will of the constituency, and act accordingly, as
> opposed to the exec committee deciding for us.

yes, the more comments the better but we don't have a formal vote going on
here for alot of reasons. I hope some clarity arises from all this.

> I would hope the NC reps take an attitude towards this like Ross has on the
> taskforce.  Namely, to listen to the members of the constituency and act
> accordingly.

If the execs have misstated the direction of the constituency after
listening to 14 months of debate I'd like to understand that too.

-rick