From: owner-registrars@dnso.org [mailto:owner-registrars@dnso.org]On
Behalf Of Rob Hall
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2002 4:01 PM
To: Paul Stahura; registrars@dnso.org
Subject: RE: [registrars] Domain Drops and WLS Proposal?

But, that situation never happens, because the domains auto-renew.

Lets say that an expiry date is July 19,2002.  The day we hit it, the expiry
date becomes July 19, 2003 automatically, because the registry auto-renews
the domain.

We then have 45 days to delete it, and get a full credit back.  But domains
really never are "past expiry" (or at least, the registry doesn't know it).
The Registry has no way of knowing when we get paid by the Registrant for a
domain.  They only know if we delete the domain.

Rob.