[registrars]

[registrars] voting

Just another comment on voting.

How many votes should there be before it is representative of the
constituency?

e.g if there are 100 paid members of the constituency, and 10 members vote
on an issue.
Is the result of such a vote still valid?

I have heard arguments in the past, that a particular vote (e.g 80% in
favour) was potentially invalid because only a small number of members
voted.   The problem is that a particular interested party could heavily
lobby a proportion of the voters to vote in a particular way, which can skew
the results unless there is a substantial number of voters.
If only 10 members are actively voting - it is relatively easy to lobby each
of them.

The difficulty is that although we may have many members, only a small
proportion actively participate in voting on issues.

Regards,
Bruce