[registrars]

[registrars] RE: [ga] WLS & and the Transfers TF

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Jeffrey J. Neuman wrote:

> To be fair, there were a number of other parties that spoke out in
> favor of the WLS in the public forum, not necessarily because they
> liked the service, but rather for the points that were raised by the
> gTLD Constituency.  In fact, when the transcript for the public forum
> is published (hopefully soon), you will see a strong statement of
> support for allowing the WLS to be introduced from Bruce Tonkin, a
> Names Council representative speaking on behalf of the MelbourneIT
> registrar supporting the notion of allowing the service to go forward.
> In addition, I understand that in the Registrar Constituency a vote
> was taken on whether to support the report or not and the result was
> 13 in favor of it, 10 against.

Which vote was that, one in Bucharest? If the vote was in Bucharest, not
all registrars voted or had the oppertunity to vote, nor were any minutes
distributed to the registrars constituency concering such a WLS vote.

If you want to talk about the vote in Feb the Registrars Constituency
voted in opposition of the WLS.

spin the numbers as you wish, everyone else does.

-rick