From: Michael D. Palage [mailto:michael@palage.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 2:17 PM
To: registrars@dnso.org
Subject: [registrars] IMPORTANT - BUDGET REMINDER

Hello All:

Listed below is an email that Bryan sent to the registrar mailing list last
week. As the registrar constituency attempts to be a constructive force in
the current ICANN restructuring, it is critical that we take every
opportunity possible to reaffirm our support of ICANN and its efforts to
introduce and maintain competition in the domain name market place.

As we have discussed in our past teleconferences, most registrars are
supportive of providing ICANN additional funds to provide it the staff and
resources to enforce its contractual obligations. I believe most registrars
view this de minimis increase of only a few pennies a domain name as an
investment to maintain competition in the name space to the mutual benefit
of registrars, registries and registrants.

As ICANN accredited registrars we are entrusted with an important obligation
in connection with approving ICANN's budget. Please take the time to read
this documentation, sign it, and fax it to ICANN if you agree with the
proposed annual budget for 2003.

Thanks for your time and attention in this matter.

Best regards,

Michael D. Palage
Chair of the Registrar Constituency