[registrars]

RE: [registrars] whois lookup

Hello Tom,

> Your making the assumption that I can still contact the
> client via e-mail.
> If the email address is no longer valid how am I to contact
> the registrant?
> I can't imagine the losing registrar would continue to provide email
> services after the domain has been transferred.

Aren't you missing an important step here?

Surely the registrant has contacted you (using their real email address or
otherwise) to request a transfer?

The only problem I can see, is if the transfer was obtained using an
inappropriate method in the first place (e.g a spam mail to the email
address listed in WHOIS).

I support the idea.

On a separate issue we still need to resolve the transfer problem.  A
standard way of authorising a transfer using email might alleviate the
problem you have identified.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin