From: Michael D. Palage [mailto:michael@palage.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 4:57 PM
To: Rob Hall; Registrars Mail List
Subject: RE: [registrars] Draft Registrar Position Paper on
Restructuring

Rob,

Let me check. I have had so many draft and recommendations flow through my
inbox. The Exec Committee approved this latest draft, although it is by no
means final. My concern about selecting TWO Nominating committees is that it
is only doubling the opportunity for large vested entities to stack the
deck. Although no single point of failure is a good thing for the Internet,
multiple Nominating Committees is in my opinion more of a liability than a
benefit.

If the nominating committee is balanced either them or the Board could
select the policy council neutral representatives. In fact, I believe it was
discussed in DC that the Nominating Committee would be representative of all
Internet Stakeholders.

Feel free to mark up this proposal, and make recommendations. We will
probably have another call next week before signing off on this document.

Mike