[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Verisign registry requirements for credit during 45 day grace period after domain name expiry

hi,

i agree. the former system is better, where Verisign does not debit the
account unless the 45 day grace period is over.

assuming there is approximately 30 million domains out there means in any 45
day period there are averagely 3.6 million domains stuck on Auto-renew. This
translates to a 21.6 million dollars in working capital obtained by the
registry, of which if average 50% domains get renewed, translates to 10.3
million US Dollars interest free short term borrowing for Verisign :)

bhavin