[registrars]

RE: [registrars] RE: Domain Name Expiration Notices

Jim,

I think that you are specifically referring to is the situation where a
domain is coming up for renewal, it has entered the renewal notice cycle,
and then is transferred to another registrar prior to expiration.  Since we
use an outside vendor to generate and mail the renewal notices, it is
possible that in the few days that it takes to generate the renewal list for
the vendor and for the vendor to send out the renewal notices, that the
domain has been transferred.  It is not cost-effective to re-run the lists
over-and-over - we rely on the 99.9% accuracy we have in the renewal notice
process.

Since a transfer has occurred, one would assume that as in other industries,
the new registrar has explained to the customer that they have changed
providers, and they may get some remnant mail from the former provider.
Certainly this is what happens in the wireless and long-distance
industries...

Regards,

Bruce