[registrars]

[registrars] RE: 18 Registrars Endorse WLS Implementation

Dear Registrar Colleagues:
I'm following up with additional detail with regard to the letter submitted
to VeriSign and the RC by ICANN-accredited registrars supporting a WLS
trial.
First, Jim, your concern is noted, but be advised and assured that it is
misplaced. Either the letter was physically signed by a company
representative in Dulles, or its permission to be included as a signer was
explicitly given and confirmed following those meetings. At least one other
registrar in support of WLS is submitting, or has submitted, a statement
separately (e.g. MelbourneIT). Let me say clearly to you and everyone that I
would  jeopardize neither my nor my colleagues' companies' reputations with
a dishonest approach to this discussion, so please put away any
inappropriate questions about the validity of this communication.
The requests from DirectNIC and DomainMonger to amend their positions have
been reviewed, and here's what I can report:
- The letter was physically signed in Dulles by an attending Intercosmos
(DirectNIC's owner) representative, though Donny was unaware of this action
at the time. His follow-on request to remove their name was based on
specific pricing detail in the proposal (thus he could not technically agree
with all elements of the modified proposal), and not on the WLS concept,
which DirectNIC continues to support.
- DomainMonger confirmed its support prior to the Dulles meetings and agreed
to placement of its name on the letter. Since that time, per Austin's post
today, they have updated their position.
By copy of this mail, VeriSign GRS has been fully updated. These positions
were verified today (March 11) with each company and are accurate. I hope
the conclusion of this question settles the issue for Jim or anyone else
with a process concern.
I appreciate that grains of salt have been a part of this overall discussion
on WLS. Though there have been many, this letter is not a source of further
grains.
Regards,
Jim Foley
Neteka