[registrars]

Re: [registrars] March 20th Deadline not feasible

I am curious about something...

If a customer submitted a name through 10 registrars, do they get 10 emails
about the same name?

I have customers who submitted several hundred names.  One in particular
submitted 250 names. If he did this through say 25 registrars, and there
were 250 names, will this guy receive 6,250 emails?

Jim

--On Tuesday, March 12, 2002 9:34 AM +0530 Bhavin Turakhia
<bhavin.t@directi.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The Neulevel IP Conflict mails have started coming from the past 8-9
> hours. I ran some numbers across them.
>
> According to time of recpt EXACTLY 200 mails were recvd in 8 hours
>
> There are total 9500+ IP Claimants. At the current rate Neulevel wil take
>
> 9500 * 8 / 200 => 380 hours => 15.8 days
>
> Which means at the current rate of sending mail ........
>
> * approximately 4000 IP Claimant applicants will recv their emails after
> the 20th of March deadline
>
> * approximately 600 applicants will have 24 hours to acknowledge their
> mails
>
> * approximately 1200 applicants will have 48 hours to acknowledge their
> mails
>
> * approximately 2500 IP Claimant applicants will get there notification
> after Saturday and therefore will have ONLY 3 days to acknowledge their
> mails (considering sat-sun is a weekend)
>
> Neulevels current method has the following issues -
>
> * the deadline is not feasible. they would need to move the deadline to
> March 30th atleast to give ONLY 5 days to the last batch of people
>
> * the abv statistics are assuming NOTHING goes wrong, all mails flow
> smoothly - no clients mailservers are down, neulevels server maintains a
> consistent uptime throughout these 15.8 days, and MURPHY NEVER STRIKES
>
> Best Regards
> Bhavin Turakhia
> CEO
> Directi