From: owner-registrars@dnso.org [mailto:owner-registrars@dnso.org]On
Behalf Of Bryan Evans
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 3:27 PM
To: Beckwith, Bruce; Registrars@dnso.org
Subject: RE: [registrars] Constituency Vote

Bruce,

I appreciate your opinion.  Among other things, the primary concern is
that some people believe that registrars may not have had sufficient
time to pay the constituency dues.  Therefore, the expanded vote enables
registrars who were constituency members in good standing on December 31,
2001 to append their names to the WLS and .org constituency statements,
if they so desire.

Please note, the votes of registrars who have not paid the 2002
constituency dues will not count towards whether the Constituency
passes any of these position statements.  It merely allows additional
registrars to append their names to the statements, if they pass the
constituency vote.

Perhaps this is a subtle distinction.  I don't believe we've changed
the rules of voting, just broadened the range of registrars who can
easily "sign on" to an official constituency position, if the members
in good standing pass the resolutions.

Furthermore, this also gives registrars an extended deadline of Friday,
March 8 to pay their constituency dues for their vote to count as an
actual vote.

-Bryan