[registrars]

Re: [registrars] .org Redelegation position statement

Mike - your analysis is spot on. Our position must be clear, concise and
agreed upon. Further, Ken Stubbs has done a great job of ensuring that
Registrar requirements are appropriately reflected in the TF report. I also
agree that we must ensure, as Ken recently stated that "any RFP provide for
a transition which does not impose any undue technological burden (& it's
related costs) on the registrars."

To that end, I have created an amended draft that I believe balances the
need for presenting a clear, concise and unaminous position, the requirement
that our positions do not in any way undermine Ken's previous work while
also ensuring that the true intent of Ken's efforts as described above are
reflected in our final position.

While the drafting team did a great job of drafting what could potentially
become a consensus position after a good deal of discussion, I don't think
that it adequately reflects the *current* state of the membership's thinking
nor does it sufficiently acknowledge Ken's efforts thus far.

There may be constituency members that have strong feelings on some of the
points that I have redacted, but I estimate that these are specific and
limited to individual members and not widely held by the whole. To those
that fall within this category, I would strongly recommend that you evaluate
whether or not you wish to file a minority report with the ICANN Board. It
is certainly not my intent to diminish the views of individual members, but
rather to drive towards a position statement that can be put forward
according to Mike's criteria.

Please find attached a clean and red-lined version of the proposed
amendments to the drafting team recommendation for your consideration. I
would be happy to supply these documents in other formats - please send me a
note directly and I will convert and resend.

-rwr