[registrars]

[registrars] Ghana meeting, discussion of deletes as policy

Greetings Registrars:

This is for your information. No position has been taken by your executive
committee on this at this time other than to forward it for your attention.

1. The purpose of this email is to lay before you a series of emails which
deal with the issue of Wait List Service. Circulating this series of
connected emails will to bring you up to speed on developments in WLS.

2. The idea being advanced (by the senders of these emails) is to start the
process of transferring the issue from one in which Verisign Registry
dominates the rpocess to one where it becomes a DNSO Names Council issue,
and a matter of policy.

3. The series of emails is as follows, from first to last.
3.1 29 January Chuck Gomes to Cary Karp, initiating the process by attaching
proposals for WLS;
3.2 Caroline Chicoine to the DNSO proposing that the DNSO Names Council
discuss this issue at their February call, and lamenting the little time
avaialble to comment on the Verisign proposals.
3.3 and 3.4 Marilyn Cade of the business constituency making a friendly
amendment to Chicoine's suggestion, proposing that someone from the ICANN
staff, Verisign, and others brief the Names Council on the WLS proposals,
with Registrar Constituency present (please read the details, too many to
summarize here)

The essence of Marilyn's suggestion is:
"We invite comment/input from other constituencies on your interest in
joining us in creating such a discussion opportunity as a separate meeting,
for the constituencies, in Ghana."

Timothy Denton, BA,BCL
Secretary, ICANN-Registrars Constituency
37 Heney Street
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada K1N 5V6
www.tmdenton.com