[registrars]

[registrars] Agenda for February's Virginia Meeting

Hello All:

Listed below is a tentative agenda for the meeting next month in Dulles,
Virginia on February 16 & 17.

In an attempt to build upon the success of the Marina del Rey meeting,
materials will be provided approximately one week the meeting to allow
registrars to focus their discussion. I have also discussed sponsorship
activities with interested third parties, and it looks like there will be
events planned for Friday and Saturday evening as well as Sunday afternoon
after the conclusion of the meeting.

Best regards,

Michael Palage
on behalf of the Registrar Executive Committee

SATURDAY

Time:		8:00 - 8:30
Topic:	Welcome and agenda
Speaker:	Executive Committee and Names Council Representatives
Discussion:	Membership update, status of 2002 invoices, account balance,
2002 agenda, etc.

Time:		8:30 - 9:30
Topic:	Delete Issue
Speaker:	Rick Wesson
Discussion:	Status of current WLS proposal and the registrars response.
Discussion of a modified WLS service or alternate proposal. Status of
VeriSign bulk deletes.

Time:		9:30 - 10:30
Topic:	Transfer Issue
Speakers:	Ross Rader and Michael Palage
Discussion:	Update on the NC Transfer Task Force. Discussion of the revised
registrant complaint form. Preview of EPP Authorization Code issues.

Time: 	10:30 - 10:45
BREAK

Time: 	10:45 - 11:30
Topic:	EPP Authorization Code and Transfer
Speakers:	Panel Discussion moderated by Palage, panelists Rick Wesson, Ram
Mohan, NeuLevel Technical representative
Discussion: Overview of the technical and policy considerations involving
transfer in the EPP registries.

Time:		11:30 - 12:00
Topic:	Afilias update on Sunrise Bulk Challenge
Speaker:	Ram Mohan
Discussion:	Summary of the actions taken to date in connection with the
Sunrise Bulk Challenge with tentative dates and methocs for the equitable
reallocation of domain names.

Time:		12:00 - 12:30
Topic:	NeuStar Registry Services
Speaker:	TBA
Discussion:	Discussion on the launch of .US Sunrise program and other .US
polic

Time:		12:30 - 1:30
LUNCH ONSITE

Time: 	1:30 - 2:00
Topic:	TLD Proof of Concept
Speaker:	Executive Committee
Discussion:	As the proof of concept process moves forward and the ICANN TLD
Review Task Force prepares for its report in Gahna, it is vitial that
registrars prepare a formal report detailing its experience of the new TLD
roll-out from the registry-registrar perspective.

Time:		2:00 - 2:45
Topic: 	.ORG Re-delegation
Speaker:	Executive Committee
Discussion:	As the .org redelegation moves forward, it becomes vitially
important that registrars have a voice in the redelegation process in light
of the 2.5 million customers we currently provide domain name registration
services.

Time: 	2:45 - 3:00
BREAK

Time:		3:00 - 4:00
Topic:	Whois Task Force & Universal Whois
Speaker:	Phillip Grabensee & Michael Palage
Discussion:	Update on the progress of the Names Council's Whois task force
and a discussion on VeriSign's Universal Whois and what it means for us.
http://uwho.verisignlabs.com/

Time: 	4:00 - 5:00
Topic:	Whois Data Accuracy
Speaker:	Michael Palage
Discussion:	In light of contractual requirements incorporated into our ICANN
accreditation agreements and the registry-registrar agreements, coupled with
the recent letter sent to registrars what are we doing, or what do we need
to do to address this issue.

SUNDAY

Time:		8:00 - 8:30
Topic:	GNR - TBA
Speaker:	TBA
Discussion:	TBA

Time: 	8:30 - 9:00
Topic:	Names Council Update
Speakers:	Names Council Representatives
Discussion:	Update on Names Council activities

Time:		9:00 - 10:00
Topic:	New Registry Service Offerings
Speakers:	Executive Committee
Discussion:	Development of protocols on new registry service offerings.

Time: 	10:00 - 10:30
Topic:	ICANN Restructuring/ ALSC
Speakers:	Executive Committee
Discussion:	What will/should the registrar's role be in a restructured
ICANN?

Time:		10:30 - 11:30
Topic:	.NET Base line criteria
Speakers:	Executive Committee
Discussion:	Review of base line criteria set forth in the .NET agreement

Time:		11:30 - 12:00
Topic:	RCOM
Speakers:	TBA
Discussion:	TBA

Time:		12:00 - 12:30
Topic:	Action items prior to Ghana & close of meeting
Speakers:	Executive Committee