[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Bounced message from Gandi

hey patrick,

no offence buddy :) - your scripts are awesome ( i still use them) - to be
more specific than what i wrote below -

1. Perl by default is obfuscated (for most people anyways)  :)

2. perl runs as a cgi process and is not callable within a java program with
ease

as for separating out information - it is quite easy to write regex for some
of the stuff such as -

* email addresses
* dates

Other aspects like postal codes etc are complex but can be treated as units
(ie complete address block with zipcode) - though i have noticed with some
registrars it is difficult to separate out between the addresses and phone
numbers, however i am sure each registrar can do this for their own whois
format, since they would know their own output better than we would

the worst are those registrars who merge contact information of admin, tech,
billing etc into ONE lump of information if they are the same. Those are the
worst for parsing

Best Regards
Bhavin Turakhia
CEO