[registrars]

[registrars] RE: Registrar Constituency Response to the VGRS WLS Proposal

Rick,

My apologies.  I actually wasn't intending to quote your statement,
hence the absence of quotation marks. But my questions still stand
because some specific data with regard to what the following quote means
would be helpful for me in evaluating next steps in the process: "The
overwhelming position of the RC - in fact the unanimous vote of all
those taking a position - is to oppose the WLS."

Let me rephrase the questions if that helps.  How many accredited
registrars out of 172 took a position in the vote you referenced?  How
many active registrars out of 96 took a position in the vote you
referenced?  How many ICANN accredited registrars out of 172 supported
the statement you sent me?  How many active registrars out of 96
supported the statement you sent me?  How many registrars opposed the
WLS proposal with some qualifications added?

I would not expect the Registrars Constituency to be able to attain
perfect or even close to perfect participation in its processes. I fully
understand the difficult dynamics you are working with in your
environment, but clarification in what your quoted statement means would
be helpful, especially considering you used the words "overwhelming" and
"unanimous."

I am not trying to be antagonistic.  When I reviewed the minutes of what
I believe is the teleconference call in which the vote was taken, I saw
a tremendous amount of information communicated by registrars that could
be used to improve the WLS proposal.  But in the response you sent me,
none of those constructive suggestions seem to be included except
possibly comments about price.

Chuck

smime.p7s