[registrars]

[registrars] WLS proposal question

Chuck, we see in the WLS proposal that its intent is to:

"Specifically, the proposed WLS is intended to provide both (1) a new, streamlined
business opportunity for the entire registrar community, and (2) some measure of relief in dealing with the ?deleted domains? issue."

We feel we understand the first point from reading the proposal.  Regarding
the second point, would you please elaborate on exactly why "relief" is needed. What exactly is the problem?  Since the proposal cites this problem
as a justification for the creation of an entire new service, we feel we need to know the details of the problem to determine if such a radical resolution is truly necessary.

Also, please let us know what other, less radical options Verisign has examined and tried to rectify whatever the problem is.  For example, it is often said that Verisign has a problem with "excessive load."  If this is the case, please let us know why Verisign has not taken steps to resolve this issue with technical remedies, such as more servers and bandwidth and better software.

As we currently understand it, Verisign has a service commitment.  Is Verisign able to or not able to meet the requirements of this commitment without launching WLS?

Thanks.

Jim

Jim Archer, CEO
Registration Technologies, Inc.