[registrars]

[registrars] Anti-Trust Concerns

Hello All:

I would like to bring to everyone's attention a disturbing trend on the
registrar mailing list regarding discussions that touch upon retailing
pricing within the context of the VeriSign WLS and the NeuLevel .BIZ
allocation of Class II-B names.

For those registrars that do not have the luxury of in-house counsel please
refer to the following URL which has a rather handy cheat-sheet for
anti-trust concerns. http://www.antitrust.org/aei/Guidelines.htm Although
this is not intended to act as a substitute for legal advice, I believe it
can serve as an excellent reference document.

The registrar constituency serves as an excellent conduit to focus our
concerns and increase the level of competition and service to registrants.
However, as I have indicated numerous times in the past we must exercise
caution about the potential slippery slope that we walk when discussing
certain issues.

Best regards,

Michael D. Palage