From: owner-registrars@dnso.org [mailto:owner-registrars@dnso.org]On
Behalf Of Tom D'Alleva
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2002 2:38 PM
To: registrars@dnso.org
Subject: FW: [registrars] Issues with Verisign Waiting List proposal

I thought the constituency asked Verisign to propose a potential solution to
the deletion issue that would be discussed and agreed upon.  Regardless of
the potential merits of pieces and parts of the WLS proposal, I was shocked
to read public announcements about the launch of this new line of business
for VGRS.  Why are we here?

Additionally,  one of the reasons I was in support of the initial parallel
registry proposal was that it was an independent 3rd party actually running
the service which meant that others could potentially offer similar
competing services in a fair market.  The VGRS proposal is far from
competitive.

At this point I wonder if the constituency has any real options.