[registrars]

[registrars] Fw: [nc-org] Registrars and restrictions on org marketing

FYI...
----- Original Message -----
From: "Milton Mueller" <Mueller@syr.edu>
To: <kstubbs@digitel.net>; <nc-org@dnso.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2001 2:54 PM
Subject: Re: [nc-org] Registrars and restrictions on org marketing

 Registrars might have some incentive to
 push .org if someone is paranoid about
 controlling "their" name in all TLDs, but
 I agree that this incentive will diminish
 over time as the name space grows.

 Fundamentally, I think we are in
 agreement, Ken.

 We must not overlook the simple fact
 that there are 10 times as many registrations
 in .com as there are in .org, so a significant
 amount of user-based self-selection is
 already evident. And as Ken points out,
 there are two new open TLDs for
 accommodation of commercial registrations.