[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Fw: [council] Suggestion re .org TF report

Ken - thank you for sending this around to the constituency.  Can you please explain to the constituency the offect of the TF proposal for registrars?  Some are reading it as giving the ability to this new sponsor organization to potentially limit or control registrars' access to sponsoring .org names.  Is that a possibility?  In order to guarantee that this won't occur, or at least to flesh out the issue, should the constituency ask Milton Mueller this question formally as he is the TF chair?
-----Original Message-----
From: kstubbs@digitel.net
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 5:32 AM
To: Registrars@dnso.org
Subject: [registrars] Fw: [council] Suggestion re .org TF report

fellow registrars...

attached is a letter from ICANN President Stuart Lynn regarding the "dot org" re-delegation..

as you can see here, Stuart reflects concerns I have previously raised to the "dot-org" taskforce regarding protections for existing registrants
and again re-affirms the concept of "grandfather rights" I have been advocating for on behalf of the  Registrars and our existing "dot org" customers.

I previous requested that we put together a "workforce" to provide additional input into the committee. I recognize that we all have been somewhat "distracted" by the current elections but... This request needs to be expedited in light of Dr. Lynn's comments here.

I would hope that this committee would reflect a strong  "global" registrar input  and am recommending that we setup a conference call the week after Christmas to facilitate development of a broader-based registrar response to ICANNs request for  modifications to  the original proposal.

I have received comments and expressions of interest from  some registrars like myself out there with a "strong interest" in this area (such as Bryan Evans) and would hope that they might consider serving on this committee.

As I indicated in my earlier correspondence, this committee will help in the future to focus "registrar" input into the development of the RFP for the re-delegation which will help to insure the Registrars and our current "dot org" customers receive fair & equitable treatment and are not disadvantaged in any way in this re-delegation process.

i would again like to offer best wishes to you all (and your families) for a happy holiday season and continued good health

ken stubbs