[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Unique opportunity to back-order over 1 millionnewly available domain names

David,

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, David Wascher wrote:

> I thought this was interesting about NameZero/ VeriSign and their expired
> names. Reading this the expired names will be sold off before the names
> deleted drop. They are also reregistered for 17 to 22 months, so how many $6
> fees is this.

$12, some of the names are aparently not ready to expire and have 17 to 22
months before they will expire.

> So it looks like we can do what we want with our expired names now.

these aren't expired, however NameZero appears to want to some of delete
them.

> I have included the entire email on the subject below.
>
> "the difference that SnapBack orders on these names are virtually
> guaranteed--a 99% chance--to successfully get you the names you want."

because a SnapBack in this case is just a re-registration to a new entity.

> "These names are not listed for sale on any aftermarket sites but NameZero
> may sell some of these names itself at higher prices, so don't delay in
> placing your pre-emptive SnapBack subscription if you are interested in any
> of these names."

basicly SnapNames are just a new channel for NameZero to re-allocate
domains they already own to entites that are interested in the name.

thats my read of it.

-rick