[registrars]

[registrars] Names Council Nomination

Fellow registrars:

I want to take this opportunity to thank the people who nominated & and seconded my nomination for the names council seat representing the registrars constituency.

I would also like to thank those who have phoned and e-mailed me messages of support and confidence. I am also honored by the seconds & comments  I received from the candidates from the other regions, Bruce Tonkin & Philipp Grabensee. Their statements are both a validation of the work I have done over the last 2+ years representing the constituency as well as an expression of confidence in my ability to work with them on behalf of the Registrars constituency in the future.

In the last few months, it has become increasingly aware to all of us that ICANN operates in a very volatile Political environment and that relationships and mutual respect are very important in accomplishing results. I have worked very hard to develop solid relationships with members of the ICANN board and staff and have clearly earned their respect and trust.  I have also developed strong, constructive, relationships with other members of the names council as well as members of the other constituencies and have their respect as well. I feel that these personal assets will be very important in the future in helping to advocate for our constituency with these parties in the future.

In my work for you within the ICANN community, over the last 2 1/2 years my goal has always been to develop a solid professional image for the Registrars within the ICANN community and to work very hard to insure that in the future the Registrars will never be “Marginalized” or “Taken for granted”.

As a businessman with over 35 years of experience I learned along time ago that it is important to use all the resources at your command and that you accomplish much more by building relationships with others and working within the “process” than by isolating yourselves and trying to influence from the outside.

Our constituency has a broad variety of highly talented people within it who bring both their expertise as well as a strong “global perspective” to the table.  My years of business experience have taught me that, in order to achieve the best results, it is essential that you have to use ALL the resources available to you and to that end I have always looked to, and, if I am elected, will continue to look to these resources to insure that we have the best opportunity to achieve the results we are looking for in each situation.

I have not hesitated in the past, nor would I hesitate in the future,  to recommend to task forces and committees specific individuals from our constituency who have strong knowledge & technical expertise relating to specific issues which that task force or committee addresses. The most the principal which guides me is one of achieving the best results for our constituency in those specific areas.

Recently I have shared with the constituency my concerns over upcoming key issues, which may have significant impact on our respective business plans, as well as issues like re-structuring which will significantly impact our future effectiveness within ICANN. I am quite please to see that other candidates have affirmed these concerns as well. I look forward to following up in additional e-mails with elaboration of these concerns.

I look forward to hearing from you with any questions. Please do not hesitate to contact me. I look forward to your input.  My telephone number is +1 (352) 750 9776.

Best wishes

Ken Stubbs