[registrars]

[registrars] RE: German State Alters DNS To Censor Web Sites

Hi,

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-discuss-list@opensrs.org
[mailto:owner-discuss-list@opensrs.org]On Behalf Of Ross Wm. Rader
Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2001 10:29

> "Rabenwolf writes: "In the German state of North Rhine-Westphalia, the
first
> ISP (ISIS Multimedia) has given in to pressure from the state government
and
> has started to block foreign websites with supposedly "illegal content" by
> changing the corresponding DNS entries. ISIS customers trying to access
[...]

> http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/11/22/1415218&mode=flat

> If anyone has a reasonable translation of the Heise article, I would love
> give it a read.

Actually other ISPs have followed the example as well - however the ISP
mentioned above has stopped blocking those IP-addresses now, as it
apparently was not really meant to happen.

New German article:
http://www.heise.de/tp/deutsch/inhalt/te/11177/1.html

(Sorry, don't have the time to translate it at the moment.)

Regards,
Frank Michlick
--
Frank Michlick, Sales Engineer