[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Draft Registrant Complaint Form regarding XFERS

My comments:

- it seems to be missing registrant contact information
- it should encourage attaching logs and/or records of contact with the
registrars in question
- it (I know it is a draft) is not very well designed; a little design
effort would go a long way in making this more usable

It would really improve submission rate if you took submissions online. If
you MUST have a signature, then at least have a form that you can use to
generate a page you can print out and fax.

Otherwise, it is pretty good! :)

sA

At 11:45 PM 11/19/01 -0500, Michael D. Palage wrote:
>As previously discussed, the Registrar Executive Committee has discussed the
>use of a consumer complaint document on the new registrar website to
>document consumer problems with XFERs (denials, slamming and hijacking).
>These forms will then be used as part of the consensus building process to
>document the problem more clearly. These complaint forms will be forward to
>the new efax account that the constituency has set up as part of our new
>proactive steps to increase registrant confidence.
>
>Please review this document, it is the intention of the Registrar Executive
>Committee to translate this document into the following languages: Spanish;
>German; Korean; French; and Japanese. The Registrar Constituency is also
>considering other standard complaint forms regarding such issues as double
>billing by losing registrars, after a domain name has been successfully
>transferred away. This was one of the online comments during the Marina del
>Rey meeting.
>
>Best regards,
>
>Michael D. Palage
>on behalf of the Registrar Executive Committee

Scott Allan
Director OpenSRS
sallan@opensrs.org