[registrars]

RE: [registrars] VeriSign Registrar Comments on Status of Registrar Transfer Issue

> As seen in registrars@dnso.org <mailto:registrars@dnso.org>  postings by
> Elana Broitman (9/20, 9/25), Larry Erlich (9/23), Bhavin Turakhia (9/23,
> 9/26), David Wascher (9/24, 9/25), among others, there are major
> outstanding
> issues that need to be addressed before we could say that the Registrar
> Constituency has completely addressed this question.  In addition, as we
> have stated in the past, this document should also address the
> thorny issues
> of setting clear definitions for many aspects of registrar transfers.  For
> example, we need to clearly define apparent authority, as well as how a
> third party could validate transfers.  There is also not sufficient

You quote our posts as well as quote that apparent authority and third party
validations need to be clarified. However our posts were actually with
respect to those two issues and one more issue which was of transfer of
domains during the AUTO-RENEW period. I believe those are the only
outstanding issues remaining. They are not too massive in order to prevent
the entire document from being accepted.

> Finally, it is very important that we understand that
> non-registrars need to
> participate in the policy-formation process for the result to have
> credibility.  Most importantly, we need to consult with registrants (i.e.,
> consumers), who are the very important other half of this equation.

I believe TUCOWS did send some details on this to their Resellers and who
would have in turn discussed this with their clients.

> As we, the
> Registrar Constituency, have shown with our track record on the
> registry/registrar service level agreement (we put the first document
> together and never updated it as we promised we would), we hope that the

Perfection is a figment of our imagination since with a group of competitors
reaching a consensus that is complete according to everyone will never
happen.

As it is today the trfer process is in a complete mess, with Registrants
confused and Registrars confused too. The document which is indeed a
monumentous effott by Ross and Elana serves to standardise over 95% of the
process. This standardisation would automatically dispel most of the
confusion and present a unified messageot everyone. I think that itself
merits us accepting it as soon as possible and beginning implementation of
it.

> Constituency will enhance the transfer document with these
> additional points
> and include other interests in the dialogue to have a complete
> document that
> we can all agree on.  We would appreciate the opportunity to have input to
> the revisions with this next iteration of the transfer position document.

its funny how I read your entire email where you have listed out the issues
but no possible resolutions. Every registrar who has had any issues with any
points in this document has listed out logical resolutions that they are
comfortable with. If you think the document deserves one more iteration on
certain specific points that is exactly what this forum is about. Please
send in your possible solutions on those points and we can all help add them
to the document to ensure everyone is comfortable

Best Regards
Bhavin Turakhia
CEO
Directi