[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Fw: [council] GAC and country name reservations

The issue one should highlight is that it is futile to have protection measures
that have not been thought through.  WIPO say it is too complicated to address
at this time, GAC and ICANN  "protect"  ISO-3166-1 "ENGLISH" names, yet each
language has a unique (and different) name for each country in the world....

A silly idea....... ill thought through ..... but they will realise that soon
enough.  Governments are good at international negotiations and if they want to
take action they should ratify an International Treaty (then they would realise
in their own space that itis futile)... and leave ICANN to focus on its narrow
remit of technical co-ordination of names and numbers.

Best

Paul