[registrars]

[registrars] Paul Kane to retire as Registrar's rep.

Fellow Registrars

I would like to advise the Registrar's Constituency that I will not be
standing for re-election to enable me to concentrate on other
activities.

The support I have received from so many of you is very much appreciated
and I will try to reciprocate the good will shown.  Over the last 5
years many of you know my staff and I have been quietly active in
building robust technical environments and stable political markets for
competitive Registrar (and recently gTLD Registry) businesses to
prosper. Members of my staff will continue to participate in the IETF
(as members of the EPP design team for example) but in the political
arena we will be taking a sabbatical.

Whilst domain name activities only represent around 20% of my corporate
activities please be assured we will continue to be "players" in the
market and will continue to a lesser degree to be involved in the
evolution of ICANN.

I wish the Registrar Constituency well.

Best regards

Paul