[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Transfer Process Points

> This will probably not sit well with registrars
> that would like to have highly automated systems
> in order to facilitate transfers. I think in the end
> what we are going to see is that in order to maintain
> some protection, a human is going to have to
> get involved in the transfer process.

Not sure that this is true. For instance, Tucows management of the "apparent
authority" definition is fairly restrictive - our processes assume a narrow
definition of apparent authority that hold true unless the person filing the
transfer request can reasonably demonstrate that they actually have apparent
authority (ie - we don't just take someone's word for it).

This allows for an automated system that handles transfers quite nicely.

-rwr