[registrars]

[registrars] Re: [Afilias] Registry Opens on Schedule : List of Country Names Made Unavailable for Registration

At 07:27 PM 9/11/01 -0400, Ram Mohan wrote:
>Subject: List of Country Names Made Unavailable for Registration
>
>Dear Registrars,
>Afilias intends to open the Registry for Startup name submissions as
>scheduled, at 00:00 UTC on Sep 12, 2001.  Please join us in our prayers
>for those hurt in the terrorist attacks earlier today.

Dear Ram:  May we echo your call for prayer.

>We are awaiting the list of country names as defined in the ISO 3166-1
>listing, to be provided to us by ICANN.  It is possible that due to the
>tragedy that is unfolding here in the United States, there is a delay in
>our receipt of this list.

On the technical side, Ram, may we assume that you will have plugged those
SLDs just as you have for those specified in Appendices H and X?  If such
is done, and if registrars have a DomainCheck built into their registration
systems, they will not need to take any extra steps to avoid uploading
ISO-3166 English names of countries.  Is that a correct assumption?

Regards, BobC