[registrars]

[registrars] Re: possible mini-landrush

At 11:35 PM 9/10/01 +0200, Architekt DI Thomas Watzek wrote:
>Dear Sirs!
>
>I did many pre-registrations on .info domains at your company!
>
>I am sure that you know that there were many domain registrations during the
>Sunrise Periode of persons who are "on the face" having no Trademarks on
>them.

Dear Mr. Watzek:

You are certainly right on that issue:-(

Your applications have been earmarked for submission if and when there is a
"mini-landrush" after all of the Sunrise applications have been
successfully challenged.  We will *not* submit them to Afilias during the
Queue1 Landrush.

>Please let me know what Afilias and you as a registrar will do with them
>after they will be challenged and cleaned.
>
>I It would not be fair to register these names on first come first serve!
>
>I think it would be fair if these already registered names would take part
>in another randomize process with same conditions as now (Landrush Periode)
>so that persons who spent a lot of money will then have the same chance as
>in Landrush now.

That is the model which we at PSI-Japan support and we are strongly urging
that it or a comparable model be implemented after all of the Challenges
are complete and the successfully challenged domains are released for
re-registration.

Cordially, BobC