[registrars]

Re: [registrars] California Litigation Update

At 10:12 AM 8/31/01 -0400, Michael D. Palage wrote:
>Regarding Bob's subsequent email about registrars not traveling to
>California. The service of process rules for California are very extensive.
>Some legal types have argued that based on registrars contracts with a
>certain non-profit California company, registrars would be subject to
>service of process through other means set forth in the California state
>statutes.

Dear Michael:  While your statement  has some elements of truth to it, the
facts of the matter are that we would make it very easy and cost effective
for the Plaintiffs if we all assembled in a convenient location *in*
California.  Why in the world would we make it easy for them?

[An aside to my prior posting:  It just occurred to me that you and your
wife had dinner with me the very evening after I was served the process --
perhaps just an hour after the event.  I had stepped out the front door of
the hotel to check on my rental car with which Jane and I were taking our
guests to dinner in Marina del Rey.  May I say that I had more than a bit
of anxiety over it?  It did not pleasure me;-(  Regards, BobC]