[registrars]

[registrars] Litigation Update

Registrars:

Breaking my self-imposed silence on the class action. To date I have
received NO notification from any defendant about being served. I have been
informed by a California attorney, that "The summons and complaint shall be
served upon a defendant within three years after the action is commenced
against the defendant. For purpose of this subdivision an action is
commenced at the time the complaint is filed." Cal. Code of Civ. Pro.
Section 583.210(a).

I have spoken informally to several registrars about forming a joint
defense. Obviously this is something that each registrar must decide after
consultation with their legal counsel. However, I would recommend a wait and
see attitude before expending valuable resources defending a legal action
that may never be served.

I have been doing some legal research into the merits of the complaint and I
hope to prepare a memo on the topic. However, this memo is secondary to the
XFER letter that is my current priority.

Best regards,

Mike