[registrars]

[registrars] NSI give more than 45 days to renew names

This is an example of a renewal invoice that
was received today by one of our customers from NSI.

The domain in question expired on 6/2/01. This notice,
giving an opportunity to renew, is being sent
on 7/17/01.

45 days according to my calculations.

It is obvious that only Verisign, as a result
of zero cost, is in a position to
give people a chance to renew this late, and that
puts the rest of us at a competitive disadvantage.

In a recent NY Times story, Verisign's spokesperson
indicated that they give their customers at least 60
days to renew. In actual practice I have observed
times that typically run much longer than that.

Larry Erlich

http://www.DomainRegistry.com