[registrars]

Re: [registrars] NSI/Verisign "failed-to-meet-criteria" justification for nacks

This is the email that is sent out to the registrars from NSI for a submission of a transfer. It states " By submitting the request using the "Transfer" command in the RRP, you have represented to the NSI Registry and the Current Registrar that (1) you have obtained the requisite authorization from the domain name registrant listed in the database of the Current Registrar..... " there is no mention that the current registrar needs to double check authorization. Nor does it say that the authorization can *ONLY* be authorized by a returned email.
Why is it then if a registrar can prove even with a copy of a picture ID that everything is correct that an email is the *ONLY* proof that is excepted.

Transfer Request for:

Domain Name: XXXXXXXXXXXX
Requesting Registrar: The Registry at Info Avenue
Current Registrar: Network Solutions, Inc.

The NSI Registry has received your request to modify the domain name record for XXXXXXXXXXXXXX to reflect the fact that the registrant has selected you to be its Registrar.  By submitting the request using the "Transfer" command in the RRP, you have represented to the NSI Registry and the Current Registrar that (1) you have obtained the requisite authorization from the domain name registrant listed in the database of the Current Registrar, and (2) you have retained a copy of reliable evidence of the authorization.

Pursuant to established procedures, the NSI Registry has notified the Current Registrar of your request.  If we receive an affirmative response to our notice within five (5) calendar days, we will make the change to the domain name record.  If we receive a negative response to our notice within five (5) calendar days we will decline to transfer the domain name.  If the Current Registrar takes no action within five (5) calendar days, we will make the change to the record.

Sincerely,

NSI Registry
www.nsiregistry.net
info@nsiregistry.net