[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Would NSI/Verisign indicate auto-nack percentage?

Werner,

Here's some stats from our perspective. I would expect that they would be
fairly consistent with the failures rates experienced by other registers.

% of Requests N'ACKed by Losing Registrar*
Q1/2001
Register.com - 38%
Network Solutions/Verisign - 20%

April/May 2001
Register.com - 48%
Network Solutions/Verisign - 28%

June 1 - June 07
Register.com - 90%
Network Solutions/Verisign - 68%

According to SnapNames, in April, Register.com *lost* (on a net basis)
almost 30,000 registrations. If Tucows stats are any indication, their
analysts will be very happy with their May/June numbers.

-rwr

*A rough average for all other registrars is less than 20% n'acked.