[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Minutes & Straw Poll

that is the primary issue Ross.

unless the agreement specifically lays out a form of approval the losing
registrar will never be confortable with the fact that a domain is not being
hijacked. I am STRONGLY against letting the method of auth be upto the
gaining registrar, because in that case I believe Register.com or other
registrars wold be right in feeling scared to let a domain go not knowing
that the gaining registrar has employed correct procedures for obtaining
approval.

i believe if you want auto-nacking to be accepted by all registrars then the
form of approval for a gainging registrar should be well defined without any
ambiguity with well defined fallback procedures incase the email address of
the appropriate contact dfefined in the express approval fails. I believe
both the questions you are trying to get scarpped represent those fall back
procedures