[registrars]

Re: [registrars] NC Call - 9th May ....

Hello Tim

The NC is about to start a consultation process on how WHOIS issues should be
addressed. The Consultation process is due to start in a week (or two) and will
be located on ICANN's site.  I urge you (and interested registrars) to submit
your comments at that time.

The remit of the NC Committee is to identify in a written report areas where
there is consensus and to identify where more work is necessary.  Having defined
the work areas, the full NC will determine (in consultation with their
Constituencies) how the issue moves forward. I will be reporting directly to the
Registrars and will seek specific advice from the Constituency.

The (verbal) report I will give tomorrow will be an update as to the progress of
the NC WHOIS Committee and when it should have the mechanism in place to start
soliciting comments from the broader community (so it basic house-keeping stuff)

Hope this helps

Paul

PS I will be reporting directly to and seeking guidance from the Registrar
Constituency on this issue.