[registrars]

[registrars] Neulevel (.biz) concerns.

We have just received the documentation from the planned .biz rollout
starting May 14th.  The information we have to do date greatly concerns me.

For the first phase, it appears that we are being reduced to "referral
partners" for the trademark claim submissions.  The way they are
structuring this includes such things as

1)  They want us to direct users to their website to fill in the trademark
application for and the $90 payment.
2)  If we want an alternative to this, we must submit in batches of 100 (of
course, we get a discount of 10% for our "profit").
3)  This submission process starts in 14 days, and there is no information
on the communication protocols nor what information we require from our clients
4)  We must show the user on our invoice the $90 cost.  Should we add any
fees on top of this, they must be shown as a "processing fee" on a separate
invoice line item.
5)  They are offering these services to registrars whom are not ICANN
accredited.

I don't know about the rest of you, but this seems to be flying in the face
of a typical registrar-registry agreement.  Neulevel seems to be trying to
deal directly with our clients whenever possible.  In addition, they have
reduced us to a "referral partner" for at least the preliminary trademark
submissions.

Does anyone have any other information on this ?  This registration process
is supposed to start in 14 days.

Rob.

--
Rob Hall                                voice  (613) 768-5100
President                                  fax  (613) 820-0777

iti,s