[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Please Consider the Following

As Bryan suggests, the obvious thing to do, in my opinion, is to make
ICANN accreditation altogether less onerous, so that it's easier to join
as a registrar.  This would answer to both sides of the argument.  The
$10K licensing fee to NSI is ludicrous; the $100K "surety instrument" is
equally so, especially in places where such things are not commonly done
- I'm sure that in practice many registrars have simply had to put up
the money, so that it functions as little more than an expensive
initiation fee.

The registrars constituency should be pushing these sorts of issues.  We
do want to extend access to the registries instead of stifling it, do we
not?

Antony

(www.cira.ca), which
is
> > the corporation that manages the .ca namespace. Two hundred thousand
.ca
> > registrations have been made as of now.
> >
> > My purposes in writing you are, first, to introduce you to
> > the existence of
> > the .ca- registrars, and second, to offer our cooperation I matters
of
> > mutual interest.
> >
> > The ca-registrars are without formal legal organization at
> > this time.
> > However, it is expected that, in the course of this year, we will
begin
> > move beyond an e-mail listserve into some kind of association status
under
> > the Canada Corporations Act. As with the Registrars' Association
under
the