[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Registry certification

I actually had a chat with ICANN staff about this last November.

Their opinion at that time was no, there would be no performance bond
issues, as anything like that would have had to been contained in the
proposals the new registries made, and none of them did.

Their opinion at the time was that ALL registrars that were ICANN
accredited would be able to access these new domains.  Although, I can see
that we may have to enter into a contract with the registries.  However, as
no issues such as the performance bond or software license was mentioned in
the bids, the new registries should not be allowed to implement them now.

On that note, I would support contacting NSI and asking for them to remove
the requirement for software license and the performance bond (as Roger C.
alluded to in the teleconference).

Rob.

--
Rob Hall                                voice  (613) 768-5100
President                                  fax  (613) 820-0777

iti,s