[registrars]

[registrars] ICANN Budget Committee appointments

Fellow registrars...

We recently received from Louis Touton a request for appointments for 3 registrars to work on the ICANN budget committee..  here is a portion of the e-mail:

"I am writing you in your capacity as the Registrar Constituency's
representatives on the Names Council to ask your guidance on formation
of the budget group that will be providing input on the formulation of
ICANN's budget for the 2001-2002 fiscal year.

You will note that three members of the budget group are intended to be
representatives of .com/.net/.org accredited registrars.  As noted in the
memorandum, to keep the process on schedule nominations must be made by
24 January 2001.  "

Personally, I feel that it is very important that these 3 appointments be balanced amongst the registrars by volume. hence I am asking for recommendations or self-nominations for parties interested in participating.

please post an indication of self-interest, or a recommendation for someone you feel would be a good candidate to represent the registrars, to the registrar maillist with a copy to mike palage.

we will close the nomination process next Wednesday at 24:00 GMT and on Thursday post the list of names and ask all accredited registrars to pick 3 persons from the list to represent us on this committee.

please do not recommend anyone to this list without first checking to insure that they are willing to participate.

thanks for your quick attention to this matter

best wishes

ken stubbs
p.s.    I sincerely hope that we have a good balance in all three categories (I.e. high volume, medium & and moderate or low volume registrars)