[registrars]

[registrars] [Fwd: [council] Input on At Large study]

Fellow Registrars

First may I wish all a prosperous 2001 and a happy holiday period.....

Just before the vacation we have been asked to submit comments on the At
large....

Please submit any comments either directly to ICANN or to either Ken, Erica or
myself and we will compile a response for the following....

Whether the ICANN Board should include "At Large" Directors;

             If so, how many such Directors there should be;

             How any such "At Large" Directors should be selected, including
consideration of
             at least the following options: selection by an "At Large"
membership;
             appointment by the existing Board; selection or appointment by some
other entity
             or entities; and any combination of those options;

             If selection by an "At Large" membership is to be used, the
processes and
             procedures by which that selection will take place; and

             What the appropriate structure, role and functions of an "At Large"
membership
             should be.

             The Board shall establish, by the Annual Meeting in 2000, a process
and structure
             for the study that will enable it to meet the following deadlines:

             a. The results of the study should be presented to the Board no
later than the
             second quarterly meeting of the Corporation in 2001;

             b. The Board shall review the study, and propose for public comment
whatever
             actions it deems appropriate as a result of the study, on a
schedule that would
             permit the Board to take final action on the study no later than
the Annual Meeting
             of the Corporation in 2001; and

             c. Any actions taken by the Board as a result of the study that
require the selection
             of any "At Large" Directors should be implemented on a schedule
that will allow
             any new "At Large" Directors to be seated no later than the
conclusion of the
             Annual Meeting of the Corporation in 2002."