[registrars]

[registrars] Re: NC/DNSO Legal entity.

Thanks Paul,
The possibility of having a trustee account is an option under
consideration.  As you say, it has the advantage of simplicity and does not
involve us in complex 'administrative baggage' .  As you point out,
donations can certainly be made a Trust Account.
However I understand that the problem relates to the wants/needs of
sponsors - ie.  sponsors need/want (for tax, invoiceing , etc reasons)  to
make donations to legal entities. I'm told that the absence of a legal
entity makes fund raising very difficult.  I claim no expertise in this and
would be interested in advice from people with fund raising/commercial
finance expertise.
The other issue relates to contracting a provider of Secretariat services.
I agree that these should be provided under a contract of a sort used for
consultants rather than employment relationship. However the signatories of
any contract must (as far as I am aware) be legal entities.  Since neither
the DNSO nor the NC is a legal entity, they cannot be signatories to any
contract.  Can the Trustee be the signatory?  If so, what is the
relationship between the Trustee and the NC and the contracted provider of
Secretariat services?  I find it difficult to believe that there is not a
legal solution to this issue but so far, at least, I have not seen how this
issue could be resolved.
 I guess the key questions are:
1.  Given that the DNSO is not a legal entity, how can it enter into (or
otherwise control) a legal contract with a provider of Secretariat services?
; and
2.  Is it critical to the success of a fund raising effort, that the funds
are provided to a legal entity which is subject to corporate law?

erica