[registrars]

[registrars] Re: [RegistrarsList] dotTV Announcement

Hi all,

ccTLD are intended for country specific use.

Selling ccTLD for use beyond the country specific goals
is somewhat unethical in my personal view.

There were some excuses in the past, because of the lack
of enough TLDs.

Now that more TLDs are approved by ICANN it becomes highly
unethical to sell ccTLD for non-country-specific use.

The right thing for ICANN to do is to approve more gTLD and discourage
the use of ccTLD for non-country specific use. It seems though that ICANN
cares more about big corporations than about the Internet. In this regard,
nothing good is ahead for DNS. This is one of the many injustices done to
the system.

VeriSign (formerly NSI)  is a technology provider and they would say we
don't care about the use. We sell technology. Well this may be it, but it is
like selling nuclear bombs to Saddam.

Just a humble opinion of a humble man.

Best regards,

Ivan Vachovsky,