[registrars]

[registrars] DNR Forum - RIPE 37 Meeting

Listed below is a request that I have received for registrar participation
in the upcoming RIPE meeting this September. I believe it is important for
registrars individually and collectively to advance the reputation of our
industry.

Mike

Dear Michael,

I am currently the Secretary of CENTR's new Domain Name Registration Forum
(DNR-F), which is held during the RIPE meetings three times a year.  The
Forum gives an update on CENTR's recent activities, offers the opportunity
for participants to discuss any issues relating to domain name registration
and is open to all interested parties.  There are two current Task Force
groups within the Forum; the Common Registration Task Force, which discusses
the possibilities of a universal standard template; and the Data Protection
Task Force, which discusses access to zone file and whois information.

The reason I am contacting you Michael, is that we need your assistance if
possible.  The Forum offers Registries the opportunity to present an
overview of how they operate.  I think it would be a great idea to have
someone from the Registrar community give a presentation on the recent
Registrars meeting in Yokohama.  I would also like to offer an invitation to
the Registrar community as a whole to attend our next meeting, which takes
place during RIPE 37, 12-15 September 2000, in Amsterdam.

This Forum has been set up for the community to voice their opinions and
discuss pertinent issues surrounding domain names and therefore I wish to
get as many people involved in the Forum as possible.  Would you be able to
assist me in finding potential presenters at the Forum and/or helping to
inform the Registrar community of our existence?

For more information please read the minutes for the previous two DNR-Forum
meetings:
http://www.centr.org/meetings/dnr-forum-1.html
http://www.centr.org/meetings/dnr-forum-2.html

Many thanks in advance for your response.

Sharon Bush
NIC Relations Manager, NetNames, A Member of the NetBenefit Group

T: +44 (0)20 7549 5351
F: +44 (0)20 7549 5276

http://www.netnames.com/